The Medical Marijuana Transitions Counseling Program at the Center of Inner Transformations, LLC is a behavioral counseling program that incorporates traditional psychotherapy practices with a specialized cannabis psycho-education curriculum to address the sophisticated needs presented by medical marijuana users. Our specialized medical marijuana curriculum addresses some of the difficult behavioral, cognitive and psychological challenges that some one might experience along their journey using medical marijuana as a medicine.
Through counseling sessions with a trained mental health and substance use therapist, client’s of The Medical Marijuana Transitions Counseling Program will be able to develop a deeper sense of insight towards unhealthy cannabis use habits, identify things about their use that may be having a negative impact on their life, develop a plan to work through their challenges and acquire healthy cannabis use habits that promote the safest use of cannabis.
We offer individual, couples and family therapy sessions to address the multi-dimensional needs that cannabis use might present.
Adjusting to the personal changes that are experienced while starting your journey on medical marijuana could be challenging for some people.
If you are struggling with your transition to using medical marijuana, you are not alone. There are many people who are also struggling. We specialize in addressing the needs presented by your prescribed use of marijuana, so that you can avoid adverse symptoms and truly achieve the best health benefits that the healthy and safe use of medical marijuana has to offer. Adapting to a new lifestyle doesn’t have to be hard.
Assistance is available.
In the Transitions Program you will receive the following services:
- Medication Management
- Coordination of care with your prescribing medical marijuana doctor (or with one of our doctors in our network)
- Psycho-education to enable a deepened understanding of your use of medical marijuana, that promotes safe and healthy use
- Develop coping skills to better manage the mental, emotional, behavioral and life changes you will experience while using medical marijuana
- Individual counseling sessions
- Caregiver & family counseling sessions, when needed
- Develop an understanding of the medical, genetic, and biological components related to the endocannabinoid system in your body
- Work through the negative stigmas associated with cannabis and understand the ancient healing properties of cannabis use
Develop safe use habits to cope with the symptoms that are related to your use of medical marijuana
You can experience a healthier life and reduce your addiction risk potential by working with a trained substance use & mental health professional.
The Center of Inner Transformations, LLC is an outpatient mental health and substance use therapy practice that helps people who are coping with difficult mental health challenges, substance use or addiction concerns, medical marijuana behavioral transitions, life transitions, couples /marital concerns and immigration needs. We provide individual, family, couples and caregivers psychotherapy, counseling and life coaching. Our Central New Jersey office is located in East Brunswick, NJ. We also provide tele-mental health sessions via a HIPAA compliant video conferencing platform, that allows you to access services from the comfort of your home, tablet, computer or phone.